Thursday 30 May 2013

Cinderella

,


I’m standing on the stairs in a magnificent hall
Wearing the dress that I bought for the ball
It’s long and flowing, sparkling white
My tiara of diamonds shines in the light

At the bottom of the stairs you’re waiting for me
And I gracefully float down for all to see
You take my hand and touch my face
You’re the only one I notice in the expansive space

We’re now dancing in shadows of flickering light
Holding each other close, holding each other tight
You kiss my neck and then touch my face
Then kiss my lips in a loving embrace

Time stands still whilst we are together
Feels so good, it seems like forever
I look at the clock, that cannot be right
But the bells start to chime, confirming midnight

But there’s no need to leave
From the ball tonight
I’ll be with you my prince
For the rest of our life.

- Becci Iddon -

Popular Posts